2007-12-03

Poetry Award

I was all stressed out about an impending deadline when I came into the office on Monday, but was very amused to find a large envelope with the following poetry award certificate inside

Poetry.com Editors Choice Award

What a surprise! The first question come to mind is "did I actual write
this poem?" Apparently, I did.

Just To Get Rid of This Advertisement

This must be from a few months back. A far as I could remember, I clicked on some advertisement, presumably from poetry.com, that asked to enter something but I had no way to get rid of the advertisement other than enterying something. I did the only thing that I could do at that moment.

Just when I was about to think that I was such a genius poet, I noticed there were more pages in the same envelope. One of them asked me to send in $49.99 to have my peom framed and another one asked me to send in $29.99 to have it recorded on to a CD. Oh, well, guess, now I know the real reason behind the award.

Job 15:31 Let not him that is
deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You hit the nail on the head. They only want your money. They deleted my poem for whatever reason and proceeded to send me an email with the same certificate. Only mine had no name on it and my poem title was "" since it was supposed to be a filled in field but the field didn't exist anymore after they deleted it. The whole thing looks like an advertisement anyway though.